Coast to Coast 2020 offers a multidisciplinary space to explore the complexities facing Australia’s coast. We invite everyone who has a stake in the future of Australia’s coast to share ideas that are welcoming and challenging. We encourage you to explore your relationship with the coast. Starting with self, your coastal identity, share your coastal story and be inspired by old and new stories about what we love and fear for Australia’s coast.
We welcome discussions, papers, workshops, posters and speed talks that speak to:
- Rainforest to Reef, Catchment to coast: Integrated catchment and coastal zone management.
- Addressing the big issues in coastal communities: e.g. ways of responding to coastal impacts from population growth, climate change and species loss.
- Managing land and sea country together: Managing country together, learning together, healing the land and healing ourselves, Indigenous coastal management, joint management arrangements (including Torres Strait and the Pacific).
- Reform in coastal policy and institutional frameworks: Tools for management – regulation, policy, planning, engineering and management.
- Coastal resilience and preparedness: Coastal hazard assessment, risk management, adaptation planning, decision-making frameworks.
- Caring for the coast, community and culture: Community stewardship, celebrating coastal and marine environments, community engagement and public participation.
We are passionate about Australia’s coast. Bring that passion to ignite new ideas, create a welcoming space and allow knowledge to merge and emerge. See you in Cairns for a warm tropical winter at Coast to Coast 2020.
You can submit your abstracts here, via our link portal - Abstracts requested by 31 January 2020
Registration details here