A group of volunteers constituting the NSW Branch’s “Planning Working Group” has today submitted on the proposed reform of the NSW Planning System.
Key points of the submission include:
- highlighting the many and varied values of the NSW coastal zone
- the need for additional Objects and new Principles within the legislation to address key issues such as ESD, public access and natural hazards
- a new Coastal Planing Policy
- integration with the Coastal Protection Act 1979 (or successor)
- and better transparency and accountability.
Read more here: